Yesterday Google announced the latest upgrade to the functionality of the Google Place listings on the Google search engine results page. Touted as a user experience enhancement, searchers can now view local business details directly on the search engine results page instead of toggling between Place pages. This change is beneficial to business owners for several reasons:
- Business listing marker is highlighted when a searcher scrolls over the marker on the map making it easy for searchers to see where you are located
- Business details are projected on the right hand side of the screen making research a snap for searchers
- The link to reviews is still prominent so searchers can find out what other people in the area think of your business
- Instant Previews for listings that are claimed in Google Places (by you or a vendor) will include your website as well, providing searchers with even more details about your business
- It encourages searchers looking for local businesses to engage with the local listings, giving you a better chance of being found
We encourage all business owners who aren’t managing their listings (through Google Places or through a third party) to claim your business listing so that you are putting your best foot forward on the Google SERPs.